Chocolate Pecan Bread
Possibly the best thing since sliced bread (see what I did there?) Anyway, I love chocolate and I love bread, so a combination of the two was a match made in heaven. Not to mention that this recipe only has 9 ingredients, as well as being Paleo, gluten and dairy free (if you omit the chocolate or swap it for dairy free chocolate).
1 ½ cups Ground Almonds
1 cup Pecans (plus a few extra for decoration)
¼ cup Cacao Powder
½ cup Maple Syrup
¼ cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
Half (a generous half) a bar of Cocoa Plus Chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1) Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees
2) Grease a loaf tin (a used 1 tsp coconut oil)
3) Combine all your wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup) in one mixing bowl.
4) Place your Pecans in a food processor or blender and blend until they are as ground as you can get them.
5) Then combine the pecans, ground almonds, cacao powder, baking powder and sea salt in another bowl.
6) Then fold the dry ingredients into your wet mixture and mix thoroughly.
7) Mix in your chopped up Cocoa Plus chocolate and pour the mixture into your greased loaf tin. Decorate with a few extra Pecans on top.
8) Bake at 180 degree for 40 minutes, let it cool, slice and serve. (Tip: I covered mine with some baking foil for the last 10 or so minutes so the top didn’t burn!)
Enjoy my lovelies! I topped a slice of mine with some cashew butter and it was honestly incredibleeee. AC x